Patient Care Technician Opportunities
Join our team of health care heroes
Patient care technicians (PCT) are an essential part of our patient care team at Baptist. They provide vital support to our nurses, doctors and other medical specialists and help deliver quality health care by providing comfort and a positive experience for our patients.
Certification as a PCT is required for these positions.
Some of the tasks performed by our PCTs include
- Communicating and collaborating with our nursing team
- Performing patient care tasks under the direction of registered nurses, including checking vital signs, conducting blood glucose testing, phlebotomy, placing electrodes and using venous compression devices
- Performing basic patient care services under the direction of RNs
- Maintaining a conducive environment for the patient
- Supporting patient/family communication needs, such as answering call lights, orienting new patients to the room and assisting with discharge appointments
- Promoting safety, such as assisting with patient mobility and safety rounds
- Promoting patient comfort
- Transporting non-monitored patients
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Certified nursing assistant (CNA) program/certification or advanced emergency medical technician (AEMT)/paramedic license/certification or medical assistant (MA) program/certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) training/certification
- One year recent (within past six months) experience
If you do not qualify for one of these positions but are still interested in working at Baptist, please view other career opportunities at Baptist.
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Education assistance/continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee referral program
For more information on the patient care technician position and to speak directly to a Baptist recruiter, please complete the form below.